Saturday, January 16, 2010

I think the trib calls this Laurels and Barbs, so here we go...

Laurels: Mithy took me to the Solomon Run Fire Hall Thursday night where I tried some of their wings. I had 6 honey-lime and I could have eaten a couple dozen. OMG they were good. Kudos firemen, kudos.

Barbs: After I headed home to do more cleaning and start making snackage for Saturday. I went to mix the dip and could NOT find the sour cream I bought. Double-checked the receipt, it's on there, I paid for it… but it is nowhere to be found. What is wrong with Giant Eagle lately? This is the second time I've had that happen recently. I've also had issues where the cashier has watched me put my things down and then try to ring my items up with someone else's. Seriously? Pay attention!

Barbs: B. Moss' latest incarnation online. I had just started to really like the sweaters I was finding in B. Moss when the store closed. So when I saw they were open again in an online form I thought "awesome!" . I bought a couple sweaters from there recently. I was surprised that they weren't labeled as B. Moss anymore, but figured eh no biggie. Friday morning I tried to put on a sweater and my head wouldn't fit through the neck hole. Is my head large? I don't think so. We're not even talking snug fit, we're talking tis no way.

Belated Laurels: The Chiefs let the head coach go. On one hand, I feel bad for anyone getting the axe, but he needed to go and it was painfully obvious to the fans.

Upcoming Laurels: The second Draculacon has been scheduled! They've got the Cadillac Creeps coming back which I thoroughly enjoyed last year and what sounds like a pretty awesome lineup for the day including my beloved friend from my youth Phat Man Dee. Good work Blair! See you at the Arcadia May 8th.

Uber-Laurels: My end of season party was tiring but good. Even if my house wasn't packed full it's clean now as a result of getting ready for it! The lavendar lemonade I made is quite yummy too.

No comments: