Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Not much happening around here as of late - the ring still isn't done, the porch and siding still isn't started, the headache is still lingering, and I haven't lept in one direction or the other, but my patience is wearing thin and I think I could get use to the kindness and respect that's been missing.

I did get to have dinner w/ Mithy and Addy, who just turned two, tonight. Applebee's of course, even if they have no boboli.

I guess the big thing to talk about is, of course, voting. I did my duty on the way to work this morning and then swung into Starbucks to get my free cup of coffee, an added little bonus for voting. I truly believe we are about to witness a very historical event, the first black president (I say black and not African American because what's wrong with black? You can call me white instead of European-American).

I admit, I am looking forward to the end of all of this - the mudslinging commercials, the bullcrap on the news stations, but most of all - the telephone calls. ARGH! Seriously, if I were on the fence on any election that would be enough to teeter me. Calling my house from 9am on the weekend to several times in one night. Hell, I even have gotten multiple calls for Elizabeth Dole. Uh, I haven't lived in NC for 5 years. Perhaps the 814 area code didn't clue them into the face that I am not one of their constituents.

No comments: