Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yesterday I slept like a champ, waking around 9 but deciding to just lay back down and finally rolling out of bed after 2. Woohoo! I didn't let my late start kill my day though. I made myself get the necessary walmart trip over with and finally returned an item there and then returned the muzzles to Petco since they were utter failures. I finally got the last couple loads of laundry folded and put away along with another that I did yesterday, so that is one less mess/dreaded task out of the way. I also spent a little time VPNed in to do some work that needed wrapped up.

Grubbed w/ Beff, her friend Sandy, and one of Sandy's friends and then hung out for a while before crashing. Today Slips is heading in, so I'll spend some short quality time with her at the mall and potentially planning to visit with mum. I dread it in a way because then I end up with a bad night's sleep and the two dogs stressing out at being there. Speaking of which the scabs came off of Vix yesterday (ew), but things are looking better than they did. I just hope she's all healed up before heading to camp.

Now for one of my minirants. Hurricane Gustav. If you're in New Orleans right now, and you decide to stay, you're an idiot. If you refuse to learn from the past and can't see something horrid bearing down on you... thank you for taking yourself out of the gene pool.

McCain picking a chic as a running mate - wow. I agree with some reporters, it seems like a feeble attempt to pull those that backed Hillary, but did people really pick Hillary simply because she was a she? I doubt it. Admittedly, these two candidates are giving me things to think about - both picked such complete opposites of themselves as running mates. I still think Obama is my man, don't get me wrong, but I don't know enough about his running mate right now. Frankly, with the idiots in our country who see nothing but color as black or white I truly fear we'll see that running mate in charge.

No comments: