Sunday, August 17, 2008

A quick update on the highlights of my weekend. Saturday was lunch w/ Beff and Slips and since we were already at the mall I made a stop to check in on my ring. The mounting is in and Dave laid my diamond in it for me to check it out. I am quite pleased and eager to see this puppy all together. I bummed for an hour or two and then headed to Toona.

I slept for crap last night at mom's. It's so friggin noisy there with just traffic alone and then pour on top the people outside screaming at 2:45am. Then the normal mum getting up way early followed by her leaving for church and her phone ringing every five minutes for a half an hour. ARGH!

Swung out to VC this morning and found some great steals and then later headed to Kohls where I found a nifty burnt orange Vera Wang semi-formal dress and the matching friggin shoes on the clearance racks. We're talking 25$ for the dress and shoes once all discounts were said and done people. Needless to say, even though my pork chop ass precluded me from a full zipper I still bought it. I really really really need to start getting on the tread mill again.

Anyhow, I got back to mom's after the short jaunt and found that the girls had another spat *sigh* This time Vix has a wound on her neck and Dani on her leg. I am at wit's end sometimes. Once again it seemed to just spring out of nowhere. I do think however that it was partially due to Vixen being tired. I know being away from home stresses her out. They've both been sleeping like the dead since we got home. Perhaps I need to not have such long visits to reduce the stress factor.

In dream-land this weekend I was at someone's wedding reception, which is just unthinkable. Regardless, after the toast "mommy dearest" turns and calls out a friend from college for "what he did" and demands his apologies (think Yuengling bottle). Then she turned and demanded my apologies... at which point I went livid.

No comments: