Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy 3rd birthday Danika! I can't believe she's been with me for just over a year already, but it's true. Last night Dani and I went to Petco for the ritual birthday gift shopping where she agreed that the lady bug squeak toy on a rope was a good selection. She also picked out a pair of flavor-filled bones one for her and one for Vix.

I really feel like I've fallen off of the rumor mill here at work. But at least info eventually gets to me. The one bane of my existence from earlier years working here has left... and, in the same week I also heard that the bane of my ex-husband's existence also is gone. Go figure eh? I still can't believe the ex made him cry. *laugh*

Ok... here is something I need ya'll to give a comment vote/feedback on. The question "Is my friend crazy?" The logic:
1). The friend is single. Yes, recently broken up from a relationship and still likes the person, but it's not happening because the other person is a DBK right now.
2). The friend came to the speed dating event with me... got hit on before the speed dating event by a SMOKIN HOT individual that was not participating in the event. The friend also left the speed dating event with 7... SEVEN... matches, and I had 1 (of course that person also marked them).
3). The pre-speed dating hottie hot hot hot called earlier this week.
4). Yesterday alone the friend got asked out three times by folks other than the hottie hot hot hot, two of which were ppl from the speed dating event, including the one that had marked me as well... so there goes my only match anyhow.
5). Me... would KILL to be in that situation. Friend... not jumping on the prospect of these dates because of the aforementioned DBK.

To further comment: I've often been told that if I were as talkative and open to speaking with strangers as this friend is my issues of not getting opportunities would probably be gone. Alas, clearly, not the case. This of course left me with the eternal question of "what am I doing wrong". I know - you're thinking "Not finding the right person" yada yada. It doesn't have to be Mr. Perfect... just a chance, another viable option.

I'm not bad looking. Sure I have a few extra pounds, but I can lose them if I just got my ass in gear. I am smart. I pay my own bills. I am caring and a giver. I don't want to smother the crap out of someone by being on the phone or with them all the time (you'd think that would be a perk). So wth?

Oh - and the one that I was talking to that I thought might pan out into a date, I haven't heard from him since we talked one Tuesday or Wednesday and ended the convo hinting that catching up that weekend for lunch or drinks would be a good thing. That was like three weeks ago.

No comments: