Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I had my first trip to the emergency room as a patient this morning. I just couldn't take the headache anymore and assumed my doctor wouldn't be able to get me in at any point within reason. I did NOT want to miss work. This was the second worse migraine I've ever had. The worst one, by far, was my first (self-diagnosed) migraine where I laid in bed whimpering and kept the ex awake most of the night... ok maybe he slept between his less than comforting comments to just 'go to sleep'.

One shot of imitrex and some time later and I feel a great deal better. I can still feel what was the pain dancing in the middle of my head like a wobbly feeling, but I am able to focus and take deep breaths without throbbing. They also did a CT scan, which, was a shock to me when the doctor suggested it. Negative... so, as suspected, I have no brain. I can't wait to see what the healthcare ends up dumping my way to pay for. Right now I'll say it was worth it, to be painfree, but when I get the bill I am sure I'll be bitching away on here.

Some of my evening plans have been delayed due to the illnesses of others, which is fine with me for tonight, since there is no predicting how I will feel come 6pm. I suspect I'll be turning in early tonight so I can get a night of sleep that is undisturbed by a throb or two.

No comments: