Monday, March 17, 2008

Time for weekend updates, but let's start with a healthy dose of whining due to my headache. I spent most of today out of order thanks to yet another boomer. It started yesterday, but seemed more like a sinus issue. I guess I should have known better when tylenol didn't touch it. I am really hoping for some changes to my birth control pills that will reduce the number of times a year I need to deal with this crap. I rarely say this, but I'd rather be at work instead of losing vacation time that I could get paid out for at the end of the fiscal year. I did notice it got rather warm out today, when I went to get the mail, but I didn't even get to enjoy the nice weather since I was either sleeping or whining all day.

Now for the weekend tidbits:
- Got to see the new location of Prime Design Solutions - very cool little joint, I am looking forward to watching it evolve.
- A continuing Packrat game addiction.
- Chiefs are rather short benched right now, but still managed to come back to beat the Royals on Saturday night. Nice heavy hits during the game.
- Out to see the Rain after the Fri game at the Haven which produced a few things of note:
  1. Archie, the sweet little hockey loving child that lived next door to the ex and I on Saylor, is legal to drink. Yeah, this makes me feel extra old... but worse still is knowing he's 22. How old was Paulie when he played here? Yeah.
  2. Trying to get someone slapped by suggesting he offer beads to random women - fun stuff. Better still his drunken response of "these people are way too nice, they won't even hit a mutha-f*cka". Yes, he was eventually successful, but with someone he initially was grossed out by. *laugh* Win-win.
  3. A discussion that leaves me a bit pensive but frustrated. I understand where the conversation was coming from, but I can't keep myself happy and until I can, I can't see myself going out of my way to try and make others happy. It isn't like the topic hasn't made me cry 101 times either.

- Finally got some chinese food which I've been craving.
- Assisting in target practice and hearing the resounding "tink"-sound of a good shot.

This week has quite a few evenings planned out as well, so it should go fast and have lots to make note of. Hopefully the headache will be a distant memory. Time to take another pill and wipe out.

No comments: