Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Putting away the CDs, movies, and books: 80% done. The CDs aren't organized, but they're away and the books need a little more thought to determine what all needs to go upstairs. I did get two more boxes of books on the shelves though. Vacuuming CHECK! Emptying the dishwasher CHECK! Changing out the bed CHEEEECK... and two loads of laundry complete! I also made a grocery run this evening.

Hanging of shelves and scrubbing the kitchen floor... incomplete, but I have a semi-excuse on this one. I also didn't get to wipe up the kitchen counters etc, which is a predecessor to scrubbing the floor.

Instead, I ended up rather distracted by a bit of a squabble between the girls. This one ended up a bit messy for Vixen. *sigh* I wish I knew what they say to one another that spurs these fights out of nowhere. Sadly, Vixen, who outweighs Danika by 20lbs is usually the one getting her ass kicked. Dani has a small scratch on her leg that she milked with Satin-level proficiency gimping and looking sad to get coddled and tended to, perhaps because of how long I spent with Vixen after the initial once overs.

Vixen has two good sized owies by her eye and a few more lacerations around those main wounds. I cleaned it once as she winced under the medication and gave her a baby aspirin and came back to clean it again about an hour later. There isn't a lot of blood, but I know it hurt - it sure looks like it hurts like the dickens anyhow. We'll see how things look in the morning with another cleaning and another aspirin to make sure she isn't aching. Hopefully we won't be making an emergency trip to the vet.

There was a beautiful dusting of snow when I got up this morning. A little more fell today, but the roads have remained remarkably clear. This is the type of snow I can deal with, even if I did take a bit of an odd slide on Tener Street on the way back from the grocery store.

No comments: