Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm snobby about some things, but for the most part I am "common folk"... case in point, I think the "tall" would be large at Starbucks. Just another one of my pet peeves. Is that why I am posting this morning? No - it's for the woman in Starbucks w/ her daughter and friend. The woman who sat there sipping her complicated order and prattling on about how she just doesn't know if she should put her daughter into all day or part day kindergarten and how she just doesn't know if she (the daughter) could handle it. Um, you mean you wouldn't have anything else to do but sit on your ass all day at Starbucks. Cary Mom alert. Yes, I am sure it's jealousy but I am entitled to bitch a little - I earned the money that paid for my boring old cup of coffee myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a regular reader of your blog, it's obvious that your level of negativity (depression?) has increased exponentially in recent months. You seem like a good person worthy of having a good man in your life, but you might want to address the issues underlying your hostility toward the world so that you'll be open to finding the right guy. Negativity is just an anchor weighing you (and any potential relationship) down. It sounds like you have tons of positives in your life (good job, great friends, hobbies and interests.) I hope 2008 is a year during which you can embrace those positives and create a way for more good things to find their way to you.

JM said...

Dear anonymous reader, thanks for taking a second to tap our your comment.

I would guess you haven't read for an extended period if you see negativity as "recently" increased. It comes and goes in waves - especially with PMS - I just haven't held back my bitching as much as I may have during periods of time in the past.

Not an excuse, just an answer.

Honestly, I'd give anything to see things as bright and shiney as some do. It's just a lot easier said than done.

Anonymous said...

Those of us who live in this town often blame the weather for our moods, as we often see dreary days outside. However, we cannot discount how our mood affects those around us. In this case, it is highly plausible the my own turmoil and sadness over the last few months has pulled my very dear friend, Judy down :( Being the wonderful friend that she is, she often suffers with me.

Anonymous reader, you are right, Judy deserver many good things...I'm praying for them to come her way too!

~ Beff