Sunday, October 28, 2007

I wish the weekend felt longer, but here I am again ... setting my alarm to get up too damn early tomorrow. Since my last post, mother got her xray done, but nothing back on it yet - not sure if she'll hear anything on it until she goes to the doctor later this week. If it was so urgent to HAVE the xray, don't you think feedback would be given the same priority?

Saturday I did cover a few hours that I missed on Friday with my migraine before heading to the game. Since it was an early one I gave in and headed to the Haven to hang out and laugh with a unique mix of folks. The one lesson from the evening (not realized until today after hearing about what we missed after we left) is that sometimes what I measure to be a good friend is not an equal measurement to everyone else. There are some things I would expect of my friends, and I can't believe that anyone wouldn't assume the same BASIC things as friends to other people. Friend is suppose to mean you care... it means you help protect those people. I'm just glad to hear everyone is okay.

Today I was up with enough time to clean up enough dust to make my dish for the welcome back party and to get some laundry done and a few other tasks. The party was nice enough... the welcome back party is always rather short.

So 30 Days of Night has been out for over a week and Saw IV is out and I haven't gotten out to see either just yet. I wonder if I'll get my ass to the theatre once much less twice before they're both gone and I have to wait for things to come out on video. I miss the days when I seemed to catch everything at the theatre. It was so nice to have steady accompaniment - someone that was always there - even if (in hindsight) he never really wanted to be there.

From the one that was to the one that will never be... As for my earlier comments, you know I am right, "9". In many ways. Get out of that head. And for the would-be, could-be, should-be... I think I'm wasting my time. I know you have no interest in what I want.

No comments: