Sunday, August 19, 2007

I spent a good chunk of cash this morning before noon - but I guess that is to be expected when you're in the middle of a room remodel. First I hit the grocery store for some basics and to snag additional gift cards (gotta love the double-credit on the gas points, it's not like I won't use them - especially the home depot one).

From there to the Depot where I left feeling like a man. With Mr. Law's expert advice I snagged a Dewalt drill (sale - bonus), some insulation, all the boxes, plugs, and switches, the second light for the room (sale - double bonus), chalk line, and even a magnet thingie to clean up the nails in the yard from the home repairs.

Final stop was JC Penneys, where I wanted to check out a set of curtains that were on sale. They didn't have the exact style but they DID have the fabric so I was able to confirm the perfect match on both of my colors. I can't believe I'm so excited about curtains.

I guess I'll be spending even more moolah in the next week or so since Mr. Law also pushed my debate on the fireplace to gas. The added benefit is that I won't lose any space in front of the fireplace to tile. If this room turns out half as nice as it is in my head I'll be a happy camper and I can at least say I did it (with lots of help, of course).

No comments: