Friday, August 17, 2007

Not only did I get the most delightful type of sleep last night - my favorite type. What a bitchin day! I took today off since the house was getting sprayed and I needed to have the dogs out for a good period of time and we headed to Altoona. On the way out I remembered the bookshelves I saw that were "coming soon" at a local discount store and made my way there to snag two for the living room. I would have been pissed if my forgetting them (which came in on the 14th) resulted in me missing out, they're just perfect for the new colors I'm looking to do in there.

Mom made my favorite, her ham potpie, and I ate way too much, go figure. It makes me feel old to admit that I do enjoy an afternoon nap, but the best nap is one taken on an afternoon off, when you know everyone else still had to go to work! I headed with my coupon to Value City and much to my surprise saw the uber-discounts going on this week. I tried on a TON of stuff and admittedly bought a few things but the dollar amount spent was spectacular... just over $50 for $260 worth of items.

Does it get better? Why yes, yes it does! The Chiefs at long last have announced a goaltender - and - a new affiliation!!! With the Colorado Avalanche. At least I already have the jersey and tee shirts to celebrate in. More? Absolutely - new Type O tour dates! Of the dates so far October 16 in Allentown (Crocodile Rock) is looking to be the best bet, but I can hope for a closer show.

If I had gotten showered earlier I would have headed off to a movie, but I guess I can settle for a DVD - if I can get to them.

1 comment:

The KSK Team said...

If you're taking open invites, throw me down for Type O. I've never been to one of their concerts, and I'd imagine they're fun. Now, for the quick wrap-up:

1. Congrats on 1000
2. I thought about stopping by on Friday just to make good on my "see you tomorrow" comment/threat, but ran late
3. Damn Danny! How long before you figure out how to get into Ladyballs' cage now? :)

- B