Sunday, July 01, 2007

Back from the girl's spa weekend - albeit an abrupt weekend. We could have easily accomplished all that was Berkeley Springs in one day, but it was okay to stretch it out. We headed out early on Saturday and arrived in plenty of time for lunch and shopping before the scheduled spa appointments.

The Spa: Atasia Spas - nice place, nicer than I expected from the outside. Seemed very clean and attentive to their customers. The reflexology service I got was okay, I guess I would have preferred to have gotten a regular old foot massage more. From there I went on to their pomegranate scrub - which was VERY nice. The scent was super, all was relaxing, and I want one of the shower tables (despite its style making me worry that it doubled at night as a corroner's table).

The Shopping: You name it! The first antique area was the best stop. Not only was Jules (a nifty little shop) attached to it, but I also picked up a lovely crystal anklet and large framed set of real butterflies. I even picked up a new monkey toy for the boys in the lab - and I snagged my own little stuffed lady bug.

The Inn: Country Inn - ok, but a bit of an older place. The walls were a little thin and we had rather loud neighbors, but they were tame compared to the noise from the a/c unit which woke me most every time it kicked on during the night. A call to the front desk for a jammed toilet was the only other frowny face. They did however seem to have a lot going on, which since I didn't do the research on our trip planning (how shocking is that?) I didn't realize until it was too late. They had someone playing live music in the main house, a nice little garden with lots of seating options (benches and rocking chairs), and were right next to the public park/pool area. I should have remembered this given how many times 522 was taken as an alternative to NC.

The Sights and Food: Tari's was good - get the crab! Got to see the castle, very lovely - I'm jealous :) Saw the bright colors of the sunset over the valley at the peak after a nice meal. How wrong is it to highlight the honey butter and the ginger carrots at dinner? The haul back took us through Toona for a little more shopping and dinner at Outback where I snagged dead cow two nights in a row. I haven't had much red meat lately, it was fabulous.

I'm home, I'm tired, I'm also sad... as I managed to lose/misplace my most favorite hair brush ever somehow. I nearly forgot to take the thing with me, and I could swear I packed it. Heck, I sure can't find it here - but I also couldn't find it in my bag while there. This hair brush was bought many many moons ago as a temp until I could find a "good" one and it stuck. This cheap brush WAS the good one. I regularly fought the ex for it as he too loved the brush. Hopefully it will turn up, if not, you know why my hair is all wacky!

Now, keep in mind we headed off to a hotel after I saw the movie 1408 on Friday - and we ended up in room 308. ACK! I kept waiting for the radio to turn on.

No comments: