Saturday, February 03, 2007

Despite the lack of company I had anticipated having last evening I still rolled up meatballs and started simmering sauce today. I can always freeze the leftovers. My meatballs aren't as yummy as my mothers, I guess I need to make another batch with her to try and pick up more of the nuances of the process, but they're pretty decent. I've also renewed my efforts brewing up coffee on the weekends, partly because of the addiction headaches that result when I don't but also partially because of the excitement of ordering more grogg and sumatra from CoffeeAM which should be arriving in the next couple of days.

The weather had called for an excessively frigid weekend, instead the sun is out today and while it is still winter cold some of the snow is melting away. We're far from spring in my opinion but Punxy Phil made some friends for his recent opinions. In the mean time nice hot coffee will help me get through. I've also found that the humidifier has made my much more comfortable all day. I didn't realize how poorly the old humidifier was treating the air until I purchased the one with a percentage readout. It's tough to keep the humidity in the 40-50% range as is recommended for best health.

Vixen woke me twice this morning, the first time to go outside, amusingly right at the time I would normally get up during the week and the second time a few hours later with the sounds of her chucking. No clue what upset her tummy but she seems okay now.

While I have not gotten a follow up call on the issue that got me thinking last week I have nubbed around a bit to see how well houses around me are selling right now. That truly is the part that scares me the most. I guess everything will happen in the right time. It's a bit odd to think that I've owned this house for near eight years now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been digging myself, although in a different area... there are quite a few things simmering which might boil over by August. Oh, and if you're inclined there are more than a few you qualify for down in this neck of the woods.

- Mystrick -