Tuesday, January 30, 2007

When you follow the philosophy of always keeping your resume up to date and sending out one resume anytime you're feeling down (of course, you have to find an opening that sounds good) you feel a little more prepared for whatever may come and get a small cheer up like you're somehow getting even. You don't expect to hear back more often than not and moreso still when you do you start to get apprehensive. Why? Because if it panned out (thinking 5 steps ahead), they wanted you and offered you that right figure it changes everything and here you weren't really prepared for it. And if it doesn't pan out after you start thinking down those lines then you're a little hurt, or at least I get that way, that they didn't want you.

No, I don't have an offer, settle down people... but I do have an email. It brings me to think.

Getting home from work today I was greated by the second great outage of the winter. This time, not my power, but instead my water. GEEEZ. Of course I panicked thinking that pipes were frozen and preparing to burst I could almost see the dollar signs. After calling mom, isn't that what everyone does - heaven knows mom and/or dad have all the answers, I called the water authority and found out that there was a main break in my area. *whew* Water was back on in a few hours, unlike the saga with the electricity a few weeks back.

Time to read. I am just not spinning up as quickly as I should this semester.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If that email is related to what I think it is, my offer still stands. Did I mention I can clean?

- Mystrick -