Tuesday, January 09, 2007

While there is something to be said for the ebb and flow of life (that being the highs), when the lower times come to those you love it becomes your low time too... and then the cruise control mindset that allows me to bury my head and forget reality appeals even more strongly. Too, one minor occurrence can also make you ponder other issues that would normally be recessed in shadows and bring them into a light where they add to your thoughts.

While I won't share everyone's details I do promise not to censor thoughts here, so I apologize for highlighting some of the topics that those others might prefer to languish in the shadows. From the formerly close friend who chose to make a commitment I can't agree with after seemingly keeping some truths from me, to both my mother and sister having cataract surgery later this month, and forward to a friend quite close to my age with cancer. It's a pensive time in the lunar cycle as well - that doesn't help.

How easily can the things we pray and hope for or work so damn hard for so easily be an object dangled in front of your eyes with your very life? I know humans are obscenely fragile, despite the astounding feats we see folks surviving every day. We all need to recognize our own mortality, but at the same time being forced to wallow in it never seems to have a clear reason and hints at a cruel god.

At least my thoughts precluded my mind from bemoaning the receipt of my bill from the township for the curbs. I just hope these things fix my problem once and for all. A wee bit of snow finally came to our area. We've been pretty lucky this winter so far.

"In the shadow of the light from a black sun, frigid statue standing icy blue and numb. Where are the frost giants I've begged for protection? -Type O Negative"

No comments: