Saturday, January 13, 2007

While it isn't perfectly clean, you can now move around much easier in the spare bedroom. I decided to buy some plastic containers to help organize a bit and a majority of the clutter in that room was from Christmas wrapping materials. I pulled a good bit of my untouched lotions and bath supplies into another container that slides under the bed. I really need to get through all of the extras I stockpile, but what woman can resist a good sale at Bath and Body? My inspiration to eliminate the extras came a long while back as my one shelf looks horrendous, but it was reignited with a brilliant idea that came my way for when I go to do some work in the living room later this year.

It's a real shame that my stained glass skills are roughly 8 years out of date at this point. I wanted to take a refresher class so this summer might be the right time. What use to be a window in the bathroom before the living room was added to my house would be a nice place for stained glass. Sure, I'll need something you can't see right through but it would shed a little light into the bathroom through the living room and would add an extra little something - says me! The trick is to keep me from wanting to use color in order to keep the maximum amount of light going through and to avoid locking in a certain color for either room's color scheme. I'm getting quite excited about the ideas I have for the living room. I so hope I can pull this off within a reasonable price. While I can't shop for some items that might not survive well stocked in the basement there are some things I can find when the price and look suits.

I need to get my butt in gear on the whole garden thing too. If I have plants that actually grow (to hell w/ seeds that was a nightmare in the making when I attempted it) I'll find the soil I need to get the space ready. I will be making use of my summer "off".

No comments: