Sunday, October 29, 2006

The pumpkins took us well past 1am Friday night. I suppose it's partly my fault, but I needed to get some cleaning done before P-Mart saw my mess of a house. If it wasn't done yesterday it probably would have needed done today anyhow. I wanted up early this morning, but my idea of woken up NEVER includes the telephone at 8:30am. The rules are - don't call me before 10am unless it's an emergency. Insult to injury is the automated voice that was on the other end. I really wish you were allowed to hunt down people who give out wrong telephone numbers and kick their ass. At least this time there was a menu option to select that the individual named did not reside here.

Either way I got up shortly there after and headed to the grocery store to gather supplies necessary to make the cukes for tomorrow. A big chunk of the rest of my day was consumed readying for the halloween game, gotta go in costume! I do also have a good chunk of my weekly assignment, but in feedback from the prof have rewriting to do. The group paper trudges along. It's hard to do much without the intro that is forthcoming. I'll probably invest another late night Sunday after the shin-dig on that task.

The weather here in Johnstown? What a masterpiece. I was sitting here watching the rain (blah) thinking at least it's not snow. Within 45 minutes, sure enough, snow... and a slurry of wind, and don't forget the thunder. This place surely is the vortex at the entrance of hell.

Then, on to the game. The Chiefs lost on the road Friday night in Wheeling (7-3) and again earlier this evening against the Cincinnati Cyclones (3-1). I have to say, I'm quite proud of how my costume turned out. Photos forthcoming! At least the cukes are soaking and I can head off to bed now.

No comments: