Sunday, September 17, 2006

Casey and Vanessa are married! Yesterday went by so quickly... up early to get the hair and nails done, both of which looked really nice, then off to Vanessa's parents. It goes without saying that Vanessa and her dress were stunning and we're all pretty impressed with how spiffy Casey can look. It was nice to have a front row seat to their smiling faces. I even remembered 99% of the little catholic nuances.

I did try to be good and follow the rules, but it was tough with some of the family members encouraging everyone to do shots. The mix of champagne, beer (in between the wedding and reception), two drinks (part of a third), and a huge shot I was pretty happy go lucky... a little more than I wanted to be. I was still good enough that I knew the folks I saw talking to the groom's one brother weren't with the wedding but I still took a moment to chat with "Dave and Anne Marie" and to get flung around the dance floor a bit by Dave. Wedding crashers do exist!

I forgot in my earlier posting of this entry to note that the limo driver somehow managed to bust out the tail light on my car. I actually laughed, I'm glad I didn't have the Durango. I think the dealership is going to get sick of seeing me soon.

Either way, I think everything was just right. To Casey and Vanessa - cheers and God bless!

No comments: