Monday, August 28, 2006

I want to hear the horn blare, curl my toes around the pink sand, and inhale the salty air. Why does vacation always seem so very far away? It's a bit of a reprieve, but I know all too well what will be waiting for me when I return: fighting to find tasking, a backlog of emails, and feeble attempts to make up for sleep deprivation. At least that pain is a few weeks out.

I spent my weekend attempting to be a good hostess. Eric came to hang, but mostly headed to town for a fantasy football draft (and people call me a bit overly dedicated to my sport). We hauled out for dinner both nights and rented Final Destination 3. I have to report that I'm quite disappointed in their "choose their fate" feature. Lame, very lame. There was some quality deaths in the movie however, so all was good. Sunday whilest Eric went to his fantasy draft I hauled to Windber Rec for the season ticket holder cookout where I ate even more. It was nice to see many of the faces that are so familiar. Not much longer now until the season fires up.

No comments: