Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Oh what is that delightful smell? Why it is my latest scent - eau de mauvais chein. Poor Vixen. Tonight she discovered that all creatures that hang out underneath the grill and its cover are not little chippies and runny babbits.

The strange thing is the smell isn't what I typically corrolate with a skunk, I smell it, but I don't. There doesn't seem to be much on her if any, so I'm thinking it could have been a youngin. It was fairly small, I know as I had to clutch it between two sticks and heave it over the fence to get it out of Vixen's reach. Maybe the skunk sprayed but caught the underside of the grill instead of the dog. Tell me THAT won't make for some yummy burgers someday. Mayhaps I should have a cookout and invite my worst enemies. Honestly, I think most of the stink on her (which isn't much) is from her insisting upon rolling in areas where the skunk was as I struggled to get it from her for the ultimate heave-ho.

I did get some of the other tasks crossed off of my to do list this evening, but now I face trying to figure out what to do with stinky. I can't make her sleep in the basement, but I can't get the natures miracle stuff I need until tomorrow. Oh boo.

My class for the fall term opened up and I'm thinking I'll be busy once again this semester. I was leary of this class before signing up and I'm even more leary now that I've gotten to look around the materials the professor has provided. You know you should be worried when you're able to see all of the assignments from week one, you know things are going to be a challenge. Here is to another semester of late night rambling blog postings that border on insanity.

No comments: