Friday, August 18, 2006

As foul as I was yesterday, if the things that happened today had instead reared their ugly heads a day earlier I think I would have gone nutso. I don't know what it is about my efforts that attracts 4:45 emails and telephone calls on Fridays that result in more time-sensitive tasks for me. I am not one of those people who can just walk out leaving the stack behind, well I could, but I wouldn't sleep well all weekend.

Little things little things. They truly are the straws on the camel's back, no?

So I get home with darn simple dreams of what I wanted for dinner. A pb sammie. EASY, right? No. How do I manage to forget I used the last of my pb the night of shakespeare in the park. It's okay, I'll roll with the punches and do the back up junk meal of kraft mac and cheese (another quick dinner I mentioned to someone and then started craving). But guess what, the milk - it expired on Monday. Luckily since it was not even opened it sniffed out well enough and I made my mac and cheese anyhow. I am officially eating like a bachelor with no cooking skills. Fear me.

In my defense - Kraft mac and cheese is just so horrible but loveable in its own way. Do you have any clue how many double-boxes were made when living at 714? Ah, the good ol' days... when mac and cheese, or grilled cheese, or a crappy batch of honey-mustard chicken was sufficient to keep all the boys you had charge of happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of all the bachelors, I have to say that you're not even coming close to true bachelor living. I didn't feel like going to buy groceries for... oh, about the last two weeks... so tonight's dinner was a granola bar sandwich (one peanut butter granola bar inside a wheat sandwich bun) served with Guinness.

Fear THAT. :D

- B

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I have had nights where I was too lazy to make the grilled cheese, so I ate toast with cheese on the side...fear that! :)

~ Beff