Thursday, August 17, 2006

A few theories...
1). The "doesn't take" concept presented to me (when you dump someone and somehow they keep hanging around, calling, and pretty much just force their way back in) - I'm starting to see this happening often. What is the deal? Grow some backbone people. If you dump someone the hard part is over, don't let them slime their way back in. I've had many a man who looked poised to become single snatched back up before my very eyes.

Maybe they show up unexpected where they know someone will be and act all sweet as pie to their friends before saying hello. Maybe they just call to hang out, because "we said we'd still be friends" (proof that crap rarely flies). Needless to say I've ONLY noticed this phenomenon with men being suckered back in. Most of the women I know who decide to end something are done.

If this is an accepted mechanism to keep men, maybe it would work on getting men. I mean, I've noticed a few people who were persistent despite the already married status of a man achieve their whore-like goals. That's not what I'm talking about here, moreso just to obtain a single man. The theory is, if you just start being there you'll not only scare other women away who think you are their other half but you might get to weasel your way in. If this isn't proof that men just _think_ they're in charge, I don't know what is.

2). When one missed opportunity from the past rears its head, several do. Now of course this ties in partly with the issues raised in #1. I watch the nicest guys that I wish had been single when we met get snatched back up into things with complete crazy asses.

Do both of these items revolve around the one simple truth that men will do anything for an easily accessible um... you know. Or do they actually prefer to be with people who hit them, treat them like crap, and lead them around as though on leash?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... that sounds like a false set of answers there. If a guy is with someone who treats them poorly the only options are:

1. They like it
2. They want to snatch some easy, well... see word four of this option.

It occurs to me that there may be several other options:

1. They evaluate their own self-worth based on the physical attractiveness of their partner
2. They have no self-esteem, and accept the situation because they don't believe they can do any better
3. They're trying to get a promotion
4. They have a bet with a friend
5. They've become dependent on the other person and can't bear to be alone
6. They get a moral-superiority high from being around someone inferior to themself (or at least in their view)
7. They want a sugah-momma

... I can go on for a long time.

- B