Sunday, June 04, 2006

It has been an incredibly lame weekend, but lame is okay. I'm expecting a written assignment this week for my class, so I'm sure I'll have a few busy nights forthcoming. The extent of motivation extended from a little bit of cleaning, more upkeep really than cleaning, and a run to the liquor store when I realized I was out of unflavored vodka.

I also managed to find a product that cleaned my tub well. I'm so excited I'm blogging it. I've probably bitched about my tub before. Previous home owners used something frightening that managed to strip off the glossy seal from the tub which means the tub gets crummy easily and is stubborn about staying that way. Traditionally to try and lighten up the marks I employ soaking bleach water which also rusts the fixtures in the drain.

I've rolled my eyes at the magic eraser commercial a few times mocking the concept - but when I saw a generic brand of the same in Ollies for $2 a two-pack I figured I'd give it a go. These little boogers work - and easily! Way cleaner than the bleach water, I used them with my bare hands and they're not dried up, and I'm no longer ashamed to have someone go into my bathroom if I didn't pull the shower curtain shut. Needless to say I'm going back and stocking up.

No comments: