Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Canes win game one - heck of a game. Oilers were all over them in the first no doubt. But they fought back to even things, and ended up pulling ahead in the last 30 seconds to finish things off. What a start for the playoffs. So much for those that called for a sweep!

I spent the evening watching the game at the Haven with the Slipster and Coogs after the fan club meeting. Tomorrow night is time to make good progress on this week's class assignment so I can comfortably watch game 2 on Wednesday.

Later in the evening I've been sitting here retyping the goals that were proposed to me - totally different from those I spent time pulling together in the first place. I really don't like to say no, but I also can't blindly sign off on something I know I can't achieve. If I don't see but one client, and only intermittently, the chances of me selling him/her something are slim.

I also don't see how we can't reuse a goal from one year to the next, or create them directly from the guidance documents provided by our own HR department - especially when I KNOW other people have the same goals they had last year. I'll flex on making new goals, but I want them to be attainable - a stretch maybe - but not a backbend, I've never been that flexible and I'm too old to do that without severe damage.

1 comment:

EdTomFish said...

Awesome game 1.

Thanks for the link to the commercial - poor quality but I've been looking for it since the playoffs started. I can't believe nobody has Tivo'd it yet.