Friday, June 23, 2006

How is this for some delayed humor from the company picnic?

At one point, while still sitting at our excellent people-watching table, where we ate, I spotted this dude approaching. I motioned to Beff and Slippy who had their backs to him to take a peek. Wow, um very nice - way built, good looking. Thanks for the eye candy, ya know? Of course Beff ends up knowing him and he's there w/ no one so he sits with us, more specifically right beside me at the corner of our table.

I wasn't introduced, so I didn't even talk to him, but I can guarantee my face was bright red as I just went to point out the hottie alert and get embarrassed as such. Anyhow, the funny part is this - do you know how many people have asked or hinted to try and find out who I was "with" at the picnic?

From the immediate question AT the picnic, albeit in french, as to who the guy with the muscles was - to the two people here at work who bluntly said "did you take someone to the picnic" I got a little chuckle. Seriously, I didn't even SPEAK to him, but people thought I was with him. To all those who made this mistake, I'm not ridiculing. Frankly THANKS for thinking I could score that, even if you were questioning out of disbelief, at least you thought it was an option. To the one who not only thought he was my date but that he was one of the hockey players, I'll give this fellow from another building props - not a ONE of the Chiefs is that built.

Side note to the french thing... I was kind enough to respond with one of the few phrases I've mastered. Pressez moi, je gazouille! *chirp chirp* You look puzzled. You don't think that will come in handy? (Therapy is too expensive, so just shake that thought from your head.)

As always, just another service I provide: I'm glad to oogle you and tell you where you stand. So if you want your eye candy status evaluated feel free to contact me. I, or one of my associates (Beff/Slipster) will be glad to help out.

Now, back to my red-ink hell that is two peer reviews coming back in all in one clump. I so need a day or two off.

No comments: