Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Two days, two flutterbys.

Yesterday while I walked to my car I saw a butterfly approaching, which put a smile on my face as I do enjoy them (thus all of the butterfly house photos I take). A beautiful Eastern Tiger Swallowtail came fluttering right up within inches of my face and passed me by. See the first picture below (image from http://darylrice.com/pabut.html)

Today I'm heading through a parking lot in another building and I see a brown one heading across the lot. I haven't been able to find a photo on this one. I think I need to get a butterfly book and get my butt down into Stackhouse park as I've been vowing to do for a couple summers now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Butterflies for you, moths for me... the last three weeks have been marked by the big moths.

First, a cecropia, then a polythemus... and finally a giant green one that I still haven't identified.

Curious.

- B