Monday, May 15, 2006

When I first moved away from college life and lived in our Roxbury rental I was quite confused to see people scouring my spring cleanup junk and actually wanting things they found there. Let me clarify. The stuff we kept back then was crap... we KEPT the 70's print couch, these were things we considered of quality in our house.

Anyhow, I've known for a long time that the folks in Westmont put out things that, how shall we put this - make one wonder why I had such crap when there was goods for the free pickins. These folks toss things that look and function as brand new. "oooh, Muffy (the dog that has never been outside) accidentally put her paws on the couch we only use for company... we'll have to get rid of that". But still... I don't feel the need to pilfer their "crap". So tonight, with the Beff and Slipster long since abandoning me, I head out to entertain the non-local for an evening and what is the FIRST freaking thing he does when I explain spring clean up?

Thaaaat's right! He spins around a corner after seeing the TV freshly put out to the garbage. Needless to say I was exceedingly embarassed to be in the car while the obtaining took place. Yes, there I am bend over hiding behind my hair and fearing that anyone might see me. I'm sure he's thrilled with his 27" Sony, but I was mortified. The nerve comes in when... after the fact he somberly and seriously announces we have to go back. Why? What? He needs the remote. Oh my.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*ahem*

First of all, thank you for reminding me that I need to go back there and see if the remote is available...

Second, it was a Sharp TV, not a Sony. You're the one that pointed that out, remember?

Third... if you think we're not going hunting tonight for more stuff, you're crazy. :)

- B