Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Ok, the leaves have halted. I've decided I may give them a hurrah during the autumn so I get my leaves, and those of you that hate them get like 10 months of peace.

So here we are, the midpoint of May. It's still cold as can be in Johnstown and we're finally getting our April showers. No one can prove global warning to me, not while I'm living in Johnstown anyhow. Another ice age? That one I believe. Maybe someday it will warm up enough for me to give my exercising an honest go. Ok, sad excuse. I've done some walking, but I only have two pounds of weight gain to show for it.

Last evening I took part in the movie Thank you for smoking. It had a few laughs. I'm just not too terribly into movies anymore. There never seems to be anything that truly holds my attention and I find my mind wandered off to 100 different topics midway through, at which time I then snap back and realize I've missed part of the flick.

This week's personal panic that aids to distract me is that it appears everything I'm working on is due at the end of June. At least the review is today, so my panic and failure surrounding the June deadline won't kill that... not that there is much to kill. What was our old phrase with regard to our upward mobility - 0% of anything is still 0? It's sad when one has to hope for 4%. With gas prices as they are that isn't even cost of living. But at least I should finally be back to what I was making in 2000 when I moved to NC. Go me.

No comments: