Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend theme? On the road again. I was long over due for a nice roadtrip. Francisco and I, as previously reported, had tickets for the Canes vs. New Jersey so we were up and off Saturday morning. A bit of rainy weather on the way, but nothing too much. I did get turned around at one point but then there it was - Continental Arena. Up to the seats and I'm lucky I know numbers from that vantage point, but I was still pleased as we didn't have to worry about anyone else crammed up against us or behind us (that could spill anything on my jersey).

It wasn't pretty - and I kind of figured that because I was there the Canes wouldn't succeed to sweep the series. Then again, game four is always the toughest to win. Either way, just great to see them play once again. They lost 5-1, taking the series to 3-1 Canes. Cam just had an abysmal start to the extent that he was pulled and Gerber held things to only one more goal.

The extent of the heckling was a girl in the next section who seemed confused and was yelling at the woman in front of me, who was a Devil's fan, instead of me, and the idiot in the hall who made some neener neenerish type sound while wagging his finger around (post game). Very creative. I was confused at first during the game... at seemingly random points they all just screamed "THE RANGERS SUCK". While I agree completely with the crowd, I was a bit boggled until I heard the guy chipping out whistle signals for their battle cry. At least they hated someone more than they hated me in the Canes jersey.

Standing atop of their parking complex I noticed the need to call out the lies that are the NY Giants. Um, their stadium is in NJ. I also didn't realize that East Rutherford is right across the Hudson from NYC. For some reason I had it in my mind that NYC was a much longer drive from Jtown.

Somehow I found my way back to Jtown shortly after midnight and had 8 hours of fabulous sleep. From there it was time to get back in the car, with the fuzzy butt, and head back down the mountain to spend some time w/ Midge for mother's day. How lucky am I? It's mom's day and I get pot-pie made for me! So, needless to say I ate WAY too much today. We played a game of Scrabble and the wee one and I headed back up the hill to watch the next Canes game from the comfort of my leather couch and stereo surround sound.

Canes win the series 4-1 tonight with a big 4-1 game win. O- Sabresssss. Come get some love.

No comments: