Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I was perfectly content to watch the hockey game last evening. Beth swung in and we got a quick walk in with some light drizzles falling around us then we settled in to watch the Canes. Funny thing with satellite TV service - when the weather is just awful I don't have problems, but sometimes when the weather is just slightly unpleasant but awful is brewing in the distance I lose my signal. This was the case on this particular evening but I didn't get back to the game when things progressed instead I headed to the basement to deal with the first flood of the season.

I can count myself lucky as the water was only in the garage, not in the main basement, a noted improvement made possible only by actually having all of my backup sump pumps ready for action. Things are still pretty wet, but I'm not freaking - I guess the positive point of view is that I've seen worse.

I did catch the end of the third and overtime. Unfortunately the Canes lost this one, but we head back to Raleigh on Thursday for game 7. Let's go Canes!

We also caught a rather funny commercial for Dodge. Here's the excerpt of the commercial I found on another website:
"Focus Group" opens on a moderator pulling a sheet off of and revealing the new Dodge Caliber. A group of automotive executives watch the scene from an observation room. "So what do you think?" the moderator asks. The focus group consists of five ultra-cute little creatures. "It doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside," says the first fluffy little critter. "It's not adorable. It's not huggable. It's not cuddly," the rest chime in. One even says that it scares him. Back in the observation room, car executives are all smiles. "Just the response we were looking for," says one to his colleague. The spot concludes with, "Introducing the all-new Dodge Caliber. It's anything but cute."

Ok, for clarity - he said it scared the *bleep* out of him.

Oh, and yesterday was fumble number 4. Today, being the end of May at least holds promise, but if I held my breath I'd have passed out long ago.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, so your satellite service sucks when there's a storm brewing but not once it's underway, eh? Sounds like a case of electromagnetic interference that is dissipated by the storm... :)

Still no word yet? What's up with that? Seriously, that's messed up.

- B

Anonymous said...

1. That commercial is totally funny! I love it!
2. What does 'fumble' mean?
3. There is no 3.
4. Hope you're well. Sorry we couldn't chat much tonight.