Saturday, April 29, 2006

Late nights earlier in the week are catching up on me. I left work on Friday and got myself ready to head out for dinner w/ the Laws, which I could have easily and inadvertantly missed thanks to my driving desire to close my eyes for a minute. When they opened back up it was 20 minutes later and I needed to get out the door. So, I did show up a bit in that fuzzy, just rolled out of bed mental state, but a quick boulevard puckertini and I was starting to get back on track.

It's been a long time since I've seen the boulevard that busy - it's kind of nice. Don stopped by to tell us of upcoming plans for the establishment such as closing in the patio and then moving an outdoor area above the current patio. Should be pretty nice when it's all done.

As always the conversation and catching up with my favorite Johnstown family was super. The kitchen was a little behind, but I still enjoyed my food.

Later in the evening I caught up with a few folks at Katie's Place, funny it still looks JUST like Doughtery's and has the same staff. We headed there to check out the band Shades of June. Crowd was small, which was good since smoke builds up like crazy in the back room of that place. My hair still stinks of smoke despite the small crowd. I was so ready to crash out when I got home... I think the only reason I remain sane right now was deciding to do something relaxing and then sleep instead of burying back into the paper again.

Of course, the paper was still waiting, so I jumped back on it this morning so I had something to put to the rest of the group including their recent feedback for the final review stages. Once my efforts were done for the time being I figured I should take advantage of the nice weather, good gas mileage in the car, and shortened list of pressing duties. Vixen and I packed up and headed down the mountain for a few hours with mom, dinner, and a game of "scrapple". Back home once again, time to check in on the feedback from the group and figure out if I can go to bed early tonight. That would be the best reward of all.

No comments: