Sunday, March 26, 2006

I'm back from spending part of the weekend with mother dear. There was sushi to be had, some shopping to do, and some of mother's chicken scampi for the next day. I picked up a pair of shoes that I had tried here but they didn't have the right size, so I was fairy excited about that purchase. Vixen went to the beauty salon that an old friend has now set up and came back looking amazing. It's so nice to have a good bit of the spring undercoat out already. I forgot how much white she has under the dirty fur.

Speaking of Vixen. She's okay, but acting differently. Small things. For example: today is day three with her rawhide bone. Day three! Usually they'd last 2 hours max and she's not even half way through it yet. I have to assume she doesn't feel the need to rush to see if there is any others she can steal, nor does she worry that someone might take hers. She seemed more relaxed around people she didn't know so well too. I have to wonder if all of her anxieties weren't just about protecting Satin or worrying about someone taking Satin from her.

The boys fell twice so far this weekend and the third game is to start in a few. I haven't headed to Wheeling yet this year and I was rather uninspired to consider it this weekend. I hear new things every day that depress me just a little more. I thought spring was suppose to rejuvenate and give new hope. Not so much. I did get my butt out to church on time this morning, but even that doesn't lend to much inspiration as of late. At least I can say I went. It's dreary out today too - another strike against the world. I just need some nice warm weather. Time to eyeball some more cruises that I can't go sign up for anyhow.

No comments: