Sunday, February 05, 2006

To sum up Saturday, I got moving early as to cross off as much as possible on my to do list. As part of that effort I made the fastest work of my taxes ever, and filed so I don't feel the compelling need to review them 80 times. At least with those done I should have funds coming my way in plenty of time to let me bid come March for the St. Pat's jerseys. The Chiefs lost to the Bombers in the shoot out two nights in a row. The Eklund story proved to be true as he was in goal for us and Betz was backup. I'm guessing Cey is not well right now, but I've not seen an IR announcement. Rosehill is also back in Jtown.

Today Beff and I did some shopping at a few good discount stores in the area. I managed to find the perfect set of curtains for my dining room. I've been eager to find a new set since Beff started shopping for curtains for her new place. At last I can retire the burgundy-purple curtains which use to hang in my NC bedroom. The new set fell perfectly into the sage scheme I wanted to work with. They're a silver sage and they reflect tones of purple and brown - they fit in wonderfully! $52 for new curtains. Woot! Most girls would go blow $300 for curtains. I'll never understand the compulsion to blow cash above what is necessary. Frugal is my middle name, but at least it saves me money to put into other - more frivolous - areas (see my comment about a jersey above).

Satin has been eating like a champ for the past fourty-eight hours. There is still a good sized fluid-bubble just below her chest cavity which pooches out into her stomach area... so I'm not thinking her cured of whatever exactly ales her, but at least she's eating and thus strong, awake, and able to be herself.

For some strange reason I cannot get into my class this evening, it says this semester is not yet available... ok, so I guess I'll take the evening off from the classwork I had hoped to dig in on. Time to break in those classy new martini glasses from the Laws and to polish a nice big pucker-tini.

Superbowl: don't really care. It would be nice to win some cash from the poll in at work. It would be even nicer to not hear that damn "here we go" song ever again. It's on a loop everywhere - Walmart, the mall, the grocery store. The real joy of the superbowl for me was the commercials. I found this to be the real draw of a superbowl party while attending Joe's soiree in NC where the TV was unmuted for commercials. Further on this topic, I remember reading recently that there is some movement to try and name the Monday after superbowl Sunday a holiday. 'Scuse me? Granted, I would not complain about another paid day off of work, but there are two points I need to make here. 1). Maybe you shouldn't get so drunk that you're unable to function the next day if you know you need to work. 2). If this works out, I'll remind you all that the Stanley Cup finals could be 7 games. That easily can mean 4-7 days off of work if we then push to celebrate those "day-afters" as holidays. See? I tell you, the reasons to be a hockey fan are many-fold.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want time off of work for the Stanley Cup, you'd better move away from Pittsburgh.

JM said...

Indeed - yet another reason to move back to NC. Carolina is definitely up there in chances this year.