Sunday, December 04, 2005

Today was a bit chilly, but only enough so to warrant a sweatshirt... no coat and no snow. We started the morning watching what could pass as a parade but involved about 200 police cars. Honestly, it was suppose to be a parade, the sirens blaring etc... and a few of them trying to use the siren/horns to honk out jingle bells. I'm glad I wasn't still in bed, that would have been a rude awakening. A group of us then, after watching this unique parade, headed to the San Diego zoo which was pretty darn nice.

Shortly there after it was time to get ready to head across the street to the arena for the first game against San Diego. Unfortunately we pretty much had our butts handed to us (7-1). There was a good number of poor calls, you'd swear we brought Nigel with us. How do San Diego fans throw not one but two bottles out on the ice and not get called for a bench minor? I digress.

From there a moment spent waiting to greet the boys and over to Chilis to eat in the same room as them, oh gee, thanks. I'm honestly not too into the dealing with any of it aspect at this stage. I'm happy to be here and happy to see them play - it's just the off-ice politics I could be perfectly happy steering clear of.

It's like hanging out w/ Leonard. When I was nice to him he treated me like crap, when I treated him like crap he was sweet and talkative. Same applies here. Yes, there was a monkey that we joked reminded us of you... it was posing for the camera. Ah, egos... how fragile but yet so completely able to control your every thought, action, and word.

No comments: