Saturday, December 03, 2005

I am posting some back entries to cover my cruise vacation. So, be sure to back pedal a little in order to catch all of the updates!

Today, we arrived in San Diego, 24 of us that is. It was a good flight. I've never flown Southwest before. While I am not overly fond of rushing for a good seat (i.e. no assigned seating) I did find having both gate staff and on airline personnel with a sense of humor quite refreshing.

It was funnier still to watch a group of guys board the plane at our change over in Chicago that I affectionately refer to as long haired hippie freaks knowing full well this HAD to be a band. Yes, in fact it was. The band in question is called the "Usurpers". I will be checking into their website at a minimum just to see what the deal is there. The ones sitting near me or floating up near me to talk to other members seemed pretty nice. The one was so completely trash drunk before getting on the plane we then saw him in a wheelchair at the baggage claim. Keep in mind, this is Chicago to San Diego... a 4+ hour flight and he was still canned. Nice. That is mad f'n skills.

We got checked into the hotel and headed across the highway for dinner when Mike and I noticed a Japanese joint in the plaza. Needless to say, the call of sushi outweighed that to hang with the full gang... but there is still plenty of time for all of that. Besides, my roomie will be sick of me by the end of the week as is.

We grubbed and headed back towards theh rooms when we were lured to a little bar next to the hotel. I don't know what type of beer it was, supposedly a local brew, but quite tasty. 4 beers later we headed back to the room and here I am ... ready to fall over dead tired after chatting with an older Navy gentlemen for a good part of the evening. How proud my client would be to know I'm out hobknobbing w/ SPAWAR San Diego folk on my vacation! I am a very VERY tired girl today. Sleep will be quite comforting. Damn the time change anyhow. (It's 10:20pm local time.)

No comments: