Thursday, December 15, 2005

So last night Boutin got his second shutout. Good work boots and good work to Kelly for the only goal, but that's all it took to win! We're now within one point of the Trenton Titans in standings as well. This season isn't a loss in my opinion despite a slower start than many would have liked. If we could just keep guys off of IR I think we might have a fighting chance. Last night Spence looked a bit off of his legs fairly often, one of the curses of returning to the ice after injuries I suppose. Cygan and Rowe are down and out for a short stint. Peterson dropped the gloves too, maybe this is just an attempt to get all of the least likely to fight a few minutes in the sin bin. Granted Peterson scrapping isn't as odd to me as Roche, but it still shocked me.

At the game I pointed out the creepy guys to a couple friends and got confirmation that I'm not imagining things. I told you I draw wierdos. What I've said or done that warrants a strange look and shared laugh/smile between the two of them every time we pass in the hall I will never understand. I would have dismissed this totally had they not started sitting closer to the section in which I have my season ticket. For all I know one of them could be the wacko that sent me a picture of myself over instant messenger last season.

Also at the game, I'm waiting for my chatty friends *grin* and this lady says "we're still using your car". I was puzzled for a second but then my inability to remember faces faltered and I realized this is the mother of the guy who bought my Avenger! I was so happy to hear she's still running and doing well for him. God I miss that car. I even mentioned her yesterday over lunch. Pretty sad huh. I guess the tie is that it was my first brand new vehicle and I paid for her by myself.

This relates to a discussion we had last night about how easily we attach to things and people. Sometimes the need to feel connected outweighs the realization that you're wasting your time, emotion, and effort. Isn't life about a series of connections really? I firmly believe that there are some people that are suppose to be in your life, that you almost circle around one another until you cross paths if you're MEANT to meet. It's a bit like the movie Final Destination and the whole 'design' of death, but more from a life perspective. So if you ever feel the strong draw to pass along a word of encouragement to an acquaintance or to do something out of character like approach someone to say hi and introduce yourself - do it.

"If the answer is no, can I change your mind? -The Killers"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Then again, you could simply say "be proactive, not reactive" and settle the entire issue, leaving only a question of whether the initial impulse is internally or externally driven (i.e. self-cognizance or fate).

Just my thought...

Oh, and the captcha I just had to fill out says fukitt.

:)