Friday, December 16, 2005

If I could I would pose to my long lost love this question... do you remember being told "then this may not be where you should be working"? Yep. I heard that again. The shift back to valuing business development and "professional development time" seems to be a value of my new superior. I don't know where I want to be in 5 years. But I promise, if you asked me 5 years ago the same question I would not have said in Johnstown working for XYZ again. The answer to that question, for me, has never had anything to do with my job. I'm not driven to get remarried at this point, or pop out kids - so that's not what I mean - I just have a view of "where I am" to be more than my job. My job is just what I do during the day in order to financially support the "where I am".

Because I refuse to put this two hour conversation in the professional development time category (since it appears to be a weekly ritual) and I am not going to get myself in trouble for improperly completing my timesheet, the time is instead going to overhead. I'm sure that will please people, but at least it might give me an angle to say "if my option is to make up the time - then you have 5 minutes, 10 tops... now get out of my cube".

At least it's Friday and we didn't get anywhere near the amount of snow they called for. There is so little moisture in the air I feel like a rawhide raisin. I peeled a clementine this morning and allowed it to sit on my desk during my aforementioned two hour talk. By the time I went to pick it up the segments felt crunchy on the outside.

No comments: