Thursday, December 08, 2005

Procrastination does prove to offer some funny results. So I run with Beth so she can get a new fish and to Denny's for a quick dinner. This is a good one, so stick with me. When we get there, I notice a hand written sign saying that due to the storm that hasn't hit yet their delivery trucks aren't coming and they might be out of things. I couldn't finish reading the sign because I had to rant a bit about how pathetic and North Carolina like that preemptive strike due to potential bad weather was. It's cold. WAH! It's Johnstown. (This is where you expect me to launch into the walking uphill both ways to school in 4 feet of snow speech, but no.

So on the way out I finish reading the sign. The last line, written off on its own reads: "Thank you for being a valid customer." Needless to say, this gets me laughing and I point this out to the girl at the register. She says "you're the first person to notice that! I think she meant 'valued'." (well, duh sherlock) Then she says, oh this is good...

"Valid, what's the opposite of valid? Invalid (pronounced in valid as in null or void)... but that means you can't read." Clearly she MEANT invalid as in the sense of incapacitated, but how ironic is it that she thought invalid thought you couldn't read? ILLITERATE you freaking moron.

Laughing, pretty much right in her face, was completely unavoidable. Fortunately, she didn't even realize I was laughing at her. I'm sure she thinks I just had way to big of a laugh over a stupid mistake on a sign. Does finding this incident so uncontrollably laughable make me an ellitist snot? If so, I'm honestly okay with it at this moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMFG, Judy. Suzy and I are still laughing.