Sunday, December 11, 2005

After a rather abysmal loss to the Royals on Friday, the boys more than redeemed themselves against the Bombers. I hadn't really thought about it in advance, but we had former Chiefs Van Hoof and Latulippe on their roster, that always makes for a deeper "win" feeling in my book.

The shocker tonight? Roche fought. I about crapped my pants. Clearly this is not something that he's had to deal with often, if ever before, but I'll give the guy credit for giving it a go and not taking Herneisen's crap. I think he enjoyed it a bit too much as he eagerly told me to "watch it or he'd beat me up" after the game. Sadly I think we all know who the victor would be in that battle. Too bad some people show up late to the game and leave early, or they'd actually see these things take place.

Again I ask, why bother to even show up. But if I'm questioning the idiocy there, I had best question the idiocy of someone who would want to be with someone with such lack-luster desire to see them. I repeat this thought often, don't I? Ironically, I guess the lesson learned here is obvious. I always say I can't take my own advice.

Earlier today, since my paper was submitted I did some light cleaning and pulled out Christmas decorations. I wrapped up a few more gifts and loaded what I have under the tree. I even hauled out the now over a year old snow blower and took the 20 minutes to figure out how to start the damn thing and cleared a good bit of the snow from the driveway. Then again I think I cleared a good bit of the gravel too, but it's all good. Now, for the second night this weekend I head to turn in WAY too late. Tomorrow I have cookies to make in preparation for Monday night. At least many of the things that stressed me greatly are clearing from my plate right now, even if I do have a few other things starting to scoop themselves on.

No comments: