Tuesday, December 13, 2005

I had a good time this evening despite many of the guys opting to leave pretty fast after dinner. I figured the “new rules” would result in as much. But, a few did hang and made the party a good evening by partaking in karaoke and dancing.

I was shocked however that the regular routine of one party goer was slightly different than usual… arrive late, but don’t leave early! Shocking. It wasn’t from lack of trying, don’t fool yourself. In order to demonstrate distain for the group, just bring your own friends. That’s a wise solution. All I can see is adoration from one end and apathy from the other. When pouring on the adoration, you need not tap me on the shoulder, hit me in the back, or kick my chair to get my attention and ensure I see it, I am not blind. Like a train wreck there was no way I could have looked away. I question why someone would make such overtures to get something back they once again seem to not want. The sad part is the display required moving down a couple seats to give me a clear view. Thanks for making the extra effort just for me.

Beff again had people offering to hook her up. I know I’m not the super gentile feminine gal (aka everyone’s ideal with fake nails, well practiced smile, and ditzy hair twirl), but some things make me feel like a spec of dust. I also had the pleasure of being uninvited to a new years eve shindig today. Ok, I didn’t even get the uninvite, I moreso found it out myself.

To make me frown one last time, in the later hours of this evening I realized (now that it’s past midnight) that it’s my new anniversary. As proud as I was to have forgotten the would-be “real” one back in October, it’s just as stunning to realize how quickly I realized it was December 13th. Three years, seems like forever, seems like yesterday.

Since I didn’t reply to the “See ya later babe.”... “Good night buttercup.”

“So build me up, buttercup, don’t break my heart. -The Foundations”

No comments: