Sunday, November 06, 2005

A little bit of house cleaning, some more holiday shopping, and the game were on my agenda for Saturday. I did my darndest to let some irritations (losing to the Nailers 4-2 being one of them) of the evening roll off my back and had a fun evening. Beff, Slippy, Vis, Vans, and I headed to the Haven post game for a drink and some chatting. As always with Vis and Vans around there was quite a few good laughs to be had, even if we didn't get Vans to do something for money. *grin*

Intermingled through the evening was even more strange behavior from Cybil the stick wielding wonder. I start off being good to my new concept of "screw it I'm going to be nice and to hell with who it pisses off" and headed to say hello and to force a hug... which came out as a one armed spagetti arm. What gives w/ that? This, one of the ppl I know to give the BEST hugs gave me a spagetti arm, not even ARMS? Yes, again pissiness is probably the excuse, but a weak one at best.

Later in the evening after Beff made our presence known by wandering to the bar to do a shot with Vans (yes, Beff actually DRANK tonight - shocking) this awkward overture took place before my eyes. Clearly another "wander from the SO to talk to me", I don't understand why this even happens given the lack of decision making capacity on this whole subject, but I digress. I see the beer turn up and the sideways glance - then a bend around the one pole as though to approach and a second thought. Maybe because I'm out with a few guys? Who knows. Either way. You need not feel obligated to speak to me, nor do you need to make up for being an ass every time by then being nice. Just stick with being an ass, it makes my life a lot more straightforward. I'm not waiting for your "response", nor am I waiting for you as that will bring me nothing but frustration.

Speaking of frustration - if _I_ only saw my other half let's say once a week or so, I wouldn't be in a bar until last call. There are too many other more important issues to tend to in such a situation. My other piece of advice, when you start acting more like you're just tollerating one another than anything else, the first option doesn't apply, just get off the pot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Completely off topic, but...

What happened to the "cake" element?

- B