Friday, November 04, 2005

Another hot Friday evening date. Me, my laptop, and my radio. Deja vu.

Defeat. When does it really happen? Is it the current loss or is it the decision to stop trying. Amusingly my thoughts are of defeat in the later term this evening. I waffle back and forth between confidence and the demand that I need to take actions different than the past to the desire to concede to defeat. What really is the point of continuing to torment myself by allowing the ongoing internal dialog that loops loops loops? I guess the final factor is if I am willing to also concede to things remaining as they are for the rest of "my" eternity. The answer there is clearly no, but sometimes it's easier to just bury myself into work and to let time quickly slip through my fingers. Hell, it's November already. I have but a few solid memories of summer. I'm definitely not getting any younger.

It's when the decision to allow defeat take over sets in that a small victory occurs. On an off chance I put Satin's dinner to soak up some water while they went outside midevening. When she headed back in, I'll be darned if she didn't woof down a good 3/4 of her dinner. Maybe the dumb broad new vet is just an idiot and Satin does just have a sore tooth. I guess we'll see in the next couple days if this solution continues to help get her to eat. I'll be pretty chapped if this is, in fact, the problem since I specifically asked the vet if this could be a factor - and after her $300 worth of vet bills all I got was the advice to change her food until I find something she'll eat. Thanks captain obvious. I usually applaud finding women in fields like this, but this dumbass needs to hit the road. The unfortunate thing is there aren't too many vets to pick from around here. The other partners at this office that I liked have both left the practice.

As for the Chiefs...
We were in Trenton with an emergency goaltender in tow and Wallace back off the IR list as Hrdel headed up to help Springfield. Seems like more bad timing penalties for us tonight. We lost in the shoot out 3-2.

On a bright note, I did finally get the first cut of the fan club website pushed live. Granted, I didn't get to double check all of the links now that it's live, and I didn't make all the changes I wanted to make, but at least it's out there and I can make revisions moving forward as time allows.

No comments: