Thursday, November 24, 2005

I'm back home and winding things down for the evening. Thanksgiving dinner was good, it's been a while since I've had mom's cooking. I did get to eat sushi last night for dinner as well. I also managed to eventually get the online feed of the game to work. When I tuned in we were up 1-0 with a goal from Tallari. From there, downhill and we lost 2-1 against the Titans. I do wonder if it's just because I was listening. I guess we'll find out since I'll miss a few games.

Satin had to, of course, prove me right within 24 hours of the start of our visit. I'm awoken from a turkey induced afternoon nap to my mother telling me she's gone. WHAT? Needless to say the leash system my uncle set up was, as expected, completely insufficient. I was lucky enough with a prayer, the car, and a leash to see her just two blocks from the house totally enthralled with a couple kids who were smart enough to catch her in their fenced yard.

She scares me too much. I wouldn't be surprised if she stopped and looked both ways before she crossed the highway, but I'd rather know she's not going to get the chance again. The rush out the door without a coat, adrenaline, and the cold weather had me coughing up a lung and realizing how bad this _thing_ is that has settled into my chest. I have red blotches in my eyes, so now I have to wonder if I managed to burst a blood vessel with my hacking post event.

The roads were a mess coming back from Altoona. I won't miss the snow, ice, and cold.

No comments: