Friday, November 25, 2005

Day T-1: Heading to FLL
Today Beff, Slipster, and I headed to the burgh through a bit of a mess of snow to head south. We were greeted early in the day by a major hottie in line at the ticket counter who then joined our plane... married, go figure. I guess if I were a lesser woman I wouldn't let that bother me in the least, but some of us have scruples.

A few small highlights:
1). The completely tacky flamingo laden van which took us to our hotel.
2). The older lady who got messed on a bottle of wine at Rendevous (where we had dinner) and was stumbling out w/ her husband who then smacked her butt.
3). Red velvet cake at the Atlanta airport between flights. God, I miss the south.
4). dontpassgas.org Needless to say when we saw the ad we thought it was targeted at Beff... boy were we surprised. Someone in marketing really should have thought this one through a little more before buying the domain name.

I also have to send my kudos to the staff aboard our flight on AirTran. I have never seen such a patient group of people. They dealt so well with the folks around me that would have been a challenge to any staff one at a time, but in triplicate... quite amazing.

No comments: