Thursday, October 13, 2005

Wednesday was another day at that place. I stayed busy, but so distracted at the same time. It's a miracle I get things scratched off my to do list. It sure helped to have a chair massage late in the afternoon. How great is that? Every now and again someone in there gets a good idea. Granted they typically go horribly awry, but this was, in fact, a success in my mind.

Last evening, hockey. Go figure. Scrimmage game, with the guys who are fighting for their jobs and actually bother to show up for camp. (AKA - Soucy didn't have to play). I have to say something negative here, and I hate that I have to, but I pride myself in not censoring in my blog. I felt like I was watching an adult rec league for a good portion of the evening. There were too many guys dogging it and not skating fast or hard.

The one shoot out score for the black team... good work Roche. Happy to see the surprise jersey really was a surprise. *smile* Three cheers to Slipster who proudly named the guys she saw grabbing grub post game. I didn't even need to make flash cards this year! Guess what - the Chiefs won! *laugh* I'm kidding.

Ok, then the Avs game on TV (or at least the end of it) so Beff could watch Paul and I could laugh at Aebischer. At least if he's going to lose me points in the fantasy league he makes me laugh. This guy is about as off his rocker as Fankhouser was last year. He punches a Nashville guy in the head and even leaves his crease to check a guy into the boards. THAT is a goaltender! If more goaltenders played like that I could be a fan of goaltenders. But I again repeat, there is something to be said about soft hands.

In other NHL news worthy of mention: Carolina stomped Washington last night. Bates racked up an assist last evening against Syracuse.

Here's to leaving work a little early today to head to greensburg. Game on :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding Soucy, I don't like him much as a person either, but the reason he wasn't playing was because he was "loaned" to the Phoenix Roadrunners. He'll be leaving this weekend.