Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Last night was a good one for the Avs (7-3). I really thought for a while Aebischer was going to hand me some shut out points in the fantasy league but no such luck. Damn I wish I had Svatos however. Nothing like seeing the hats fly. Calgary was playing like a bunch of little pissy girls all evening however. Don't get me wrong, I like a good scrap, but picking like crazy because you're losing miserably does nothing but make things even worse.

Pens down again. I repeat, how about them pens? *huge evil grin... with a giggle* I mean, really, even the Crapitals won.

Last evening I was feeling social so I had Beff and PR head over for grub. It's been a while since I hit the grocery store and actually attempted a meal. I really need to cook more often (how many times have I said that in the past 12 months), I'm so out of practice.

Now on to today. That work thing is growing irritating again suddenly. I'm definitely due for a vacation. That may come sooner than originally planned if I don't get some major progress in on my papers soon. Time off to work on papers, woo.

So today Beff and I ran to pay off her tickets and to grab more flyers so we figured we'd sit in on more of camp, who can argue with that. Rather interesting to see how the coach is configuring things. Still waiting to hear that Soucy has shown up. I think he's decided to prove me right, not that I need it proven, I know he's an ass.

For the evening, slacking. Ugh. We headed for food and drinks, and then did a little back road surfin. I haven't done that in forever. We took many of the roads I haven't found the time to cover during daylight hours like I'd like to get photos of the sunflowers and all of the great sights around here. I curse out Johnstown, but if you take the time to really catch the colors of the sunset or the changing leaves or the little off the beaten path sights - it's actually a pretty place. Even if it's covered in snow. *shiver*

Thank goodness there were no games I was itching to watch this evening either.
Speaking of hockey I see we obtained another guy from the south. I guess none of it matters at the moment. The next two evenings should give me fairly good guesses on what we'll see this season, and who.

No comments: