Sunday, September 18, 2005

Time to get caught back up on my blogging. Friday night the Canes took on their first pre-season opponent and smacked the Capitals around a good bit, an excellent glimmer to start the season. We'll just have to see how things go today against Florida. If I ever get to move back down that way I'm pretty sure I'll have my routine seat. I think I best start saving for those season tickets now.

Saturday was all about getting ready and going to Missy and Bob's wedding. I can't believe it was already here. Heidi mentioned it seemed like just yesterday we got the save the date card, and she's right. Slippy and I had a wee bit of a bet going to challenge our tollerances and prepared for a long evening of drinks. Much to my extreme pleasure Rex let me drive the "sex-mobile" to the reception! I could easily get use to driving around in that thing. It was too much fun to watch guys staring at the car and realizing a couple chics were up front.

After getting called out for the flower toss I actually went up and - for the first time in my life I actually caught the set of flowers with the ribbon! We danced, we drank, took lots of photos. A good time was most definitely had by all.

Towards the end of the evening, I'm catching a drink from my favorite bartender, Kelly, and who do I see behind the bar but Bill! So I followed him back to the other side of Aces to give a quick hello to Sue.

All said and done, Slippy and I called things a draw. I definitely got my relax on. After crashing out I only feel a little off today (thank goodness, I was kind of anticipating a hangover) but I could use another quick nap before I get on top of my paper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The link to your photos is incorrect. It should be:


http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CaNmzFqxaMSy