Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Real news. This is actually transfixing, as well as terrifying. Ok, so now hurricane Rita is a category 5 hurricane. People are all pleased it won't hit New Orleans, I don't get it. You're happy it's going to completely destroy another city - when New Orleans is already trashed?

From there, they jump to an airplane that is ready for a crash landing out in California with landing gear issues. And then... a tornado near Minneapolis! Tell me we don't have an angry God? Its terrifying to think we could be watching the apocolypse unfold on CNN someday. Gratefully the plane landed beautifully... a little flame trailing from the front landing gear, but the gear held and they're stopped.

Other news in my little world, I talked about seeing the Leases this past weekend, and today I get news from a friend that they saw Bill was in a motorcycle accident this past weekend. God bless I hope he's okay.

From there another friend has decided to leave the area. I think he's moving so he can get closer to an AHL hockey team. Yeah, that's his excuse I'm sure. He LOVES hockey.

Tonight has also been horrible for cellular coverage. I've tried a million calls w/ Beff and we either get disconnected or another conversation breaks in! What on EARTH is the problem? Are crazy ass sun spots freaking out the planet?

On to something soothing... hockey.
The Springfield Falcons had 18 guys assigned down and are looking to get another 10 assigned down. They have two signed there and us and a UHL team (so I understand) as affiliates. So here's what I'm predicting.

They'll have 30 guys. I believe the AHL holds 22 on rosters, but I could be wrong. (Yes, a REAL hockey chic admits when she doesn't know something.) Let's assume that is correct. That's 8 guys left over to split. We take 4. One goalie... out of the three that were pushed down it's a tough call looking at their stats, and I guess there could be others ready to be pushed.

With the other 3, what do we still need - maybe another d-man or two to shake things up for camp? I guess a few wings would be nice, I haven't done my full research on the options here, but we still need a Zehr-like guy on the ice, someone who can get under their skin, draw penalties, and still score. (As long as we don't end up with Soucy again, I'll keep smiling.) Either way, it looks like we'll be sending a few folks loose after the preseason games.

No comments: