Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I really use to adore the rain. My dad would sit out on the front porch watching the storm and I'd tend to join him. It's always been a fond memory. After repeatedly being pounded with rain to the point of flooding however I instead get nervous and jittery when the heavy rains start. Needless to say it's raining again and I am NOT focused on work.

Gratefully there is plenty of room for Satin and Vixen to get up out of any water that may come in, but I have to worry about the washer, dryer, freezer, dehumidifier and all of those other things sitting in water. Never mind that a sump pump could get stuck as it did many years ago when Grammy and Pappy discovered the water problems that were to come.

Sick, I'm literally sick thinking about it. I'm still sore enough from Saturday's ordeal that I just physically can't do this again right now. Anyone know a mason who can lay more concrete block for me to help direct water?

"I don't want it no more. -Candlebox"

No comments: